Once in Valencia | UCV
Santoral: San Desiderio
Santoral: San Desiderio

Universidad Católica de Valencia

Once in Valencia

Safety Information

Real emergency

If you have a real emergency dial 112 (Ambulance)

Hospitals will assist you in case of emergency. In that case, you may go to the nearest hospital.


Non-EU Residents

Must have a medical insurance to enter in Spain. You must obtain it in your country; ask the International Center of your University to help you with this procedure.

If you need any medical assistance during your stay, you should always bring with you: Passport + Health Insurance policy

EU Citizens

They are covered by the European Health Service. You must ask for your European Health Card before leaving your country. You can use it to receive medical services either in Spain or in any other EU country.

How to get the card: Apply for the card

In Spain, health care is provided at Centros de Atención Primaria –or CAPs- (Primary Health Care Centers) and Hospitals. CAPs have fixed opening hours and you will be assigned one depending on where you live. Check your nearest Centro de Salud on:


(Go to Acceso por domicilio, and then choose VALENCIA, the city where you are living and the address).

At your arrival to Valencia you need to go to the nearest CAP and bring with you these 3 documents:

  • ID Card
  • European Health insurance card
  • Proof of your address (for example, your rent contract)

With those documents, you will be able to ask for a Provisional SIP card (Valencian health card) there if you need assistance or if you need to see a family doctor.

How can I get an appointment at my CAPs?

When you have your Provisional SIP card, you may get an appointment on-line through this link:


After 3pm, most CAPs have an Emergency service, where you can get seen without a previous appointment if you consider that it is not a hospital emergency but you are in need of assistance. However, you may need to wait a while.

Opening a Bank Account

If you want to open a bank account in Spain, these are the required documents for Non-EU Students:

  • Passport
  • Visa
  • Identity Document of the country of origin.
  • Proof of address or census certificate
  • The UCV Letter of Acceptance
  • The UCV Enrollment Sheet
  • Proof of income

As a suggestion we recommend you to open an account at Banco Santander: Gran Vía Fernando El Católico 25, 46008 Valencia.

How to OBTAIN the NIE document (ID card for foreign citizens)

Once you are settled in Valencia, should you need to apply for a NIE or ID certificate, you need to make an appointment on this link, in the first month:


The following step is to select Provincias Disponibles: Valencia. And then accept (aceptar)

Under Trámites Disponibles para Provincia Seleccionada, you need to click on CNP-Toma de huellas (Expedición de tarjeta).

Finally, you need to go to the Comisaria de Patraix, located in calle Gremis nº6, Valencia, with all the documents requested on their website.

Please bring with you your passaport, UCV acceptance letter & official sheet, an ID sized picture.  (More documents could be asked when you go to the Comisaría).

Oficina de Comunitarios de Bailén

Comisaría de Patraix

The City of Valencia

Get going


Our social networks

Contact information

International Relations Office

Santa Úrsula Campus 
C/ Guillem de Castro, 94
46002 Valencia (Spain)
+34 96 363 74 12

PIC: 991514019
OID: E10182288

International area coordinator

Beatriz Manrique

Incoming Exchange Students 

Contact: incoming@ucv.es 
European countries: Mercedes Gómez, Ext: 4144
Non-European countries: Malgorzata Musinska, Ext: 6502

Incoming KA171 mobilities

Contact: incoming@ucv.es
Malgorzata Musinska, Ext: 6502

Bilateral agreements / Staff mobility

Contact: ori@ucv.es 
Begoña Barber.
Extension 5047

Buddy program & double degrees

Contact: ori@ucv.es 
Juan Escámez
Extension 5056