Introduction to marine sciences at IMEDMAR in Calpe, with a week of language immersion in Valencia. Students will have classes during 2 weeks at IMEDMAR, the Institute for Research in Environment and Marine Science. Created in 2006 to encompass the research in oceanography and marine resources that has been carried out by researchers from the Faculty of Veterinary and Experimental Sciences of the UCV.
- This course will provide you with an introduction to marine biology.
- Field and water activities as tools to explore marine life.
- Close interaction with local culture and the fishing community.
This course is for
- Aimed at foreign students with a major or minor in science, interested in improving their Spanish and in having practical contact with marine sciences.
- Must be enrolled in a foreign university.
- There is no Spanish level requirement, although it may be taken into account as a merit.
- Spanish Language (1,2 ects)
- Introduction to Marine Sciences (1,5 ects)
- Marine Sciences Lab (1,3 ects)
- José Tena Medialdea, IMEDMAR Director
- Jose Rafael Garcia March, IMEDMAR Scientific Coordinator
- Tania García
- Lucía de Ros, UCV Language Institute, Spanish Department Coordinator