The Spanish meetings on Nucleic Acids and Nucleosides (RANN) are celebrated biannually since 1997.
Nucleic acids play many more functions than just being the carriers of the genetic code, and these roles are often linked to their capacity to adopt structures beyond the double helix. In addition, both DNA and RNA are targets for drug discovery, and are used as pharmacological agents themselves together with modified nucleosides. The aim of these meetings is to discuss the advances in the field of structure, function, recognition and applications of nucleic acids and nucleosides from different perspectives.
This year´s meeting will take place in a venue located at the heart of the beautiful Mediterranean city of Valencia, just in front of the historic Colón market, an example of early XX century Valencian Modernism architecture.
- Chair: José Gallego (Universidad Católica de Valencia)
- Jesús Castillo (Universidad Católica de Valencia)
- Cristina Medina (Universidad Católica de Valencia)
- Ángela Moreno (Universidad Católica de Valencia)
- Isaías Sanmartín (Universidad Católica de Valencia)
- Álvaro Simba (Universidad Católica de Valencia)
- Ramón Eritja (IQAC CSIC Barcelona)
- Miguel Ferrero (Universidad de Oviedo)
- José Gallego (Universidad Católica de Valencia)
- Carlos González (IQFR CSIC Madrid)
- Conference dinner. The conference dinner will take place on Thursday June 13th 9pm, at Restaurante Mosaico (www.restaurantemosaico.com), C/Isabel La Católica 22. This is 3 minutes walking from the conference venue.
This meeting is supported by:
Grupo Especializado en Química Biológica de la Real Sociedad Española de Química