Comparte esta página en

International student studying at UCV



My university doesn't have any agreement signed with the UCV. Can I study one semester as an exchange student?

Unfortunately, exchange programs are limited to students from universities that have signed agreements with the UCV. If you are interested in your university signing an agreement with us, you should ask a member of staff of your university to start the necessary proceedings by writing to

How and when may I apply for the International Program?

First, your home university sends a list of nominees as exchange students. 
Once you have been nominated, our incoming department contacts you directly. We will send you both the on-line application procedure and the deadlines to do it.

Deadlines to submit the on-line application:

  • 1st Semester and whole year: 15th of June 
  • 2nd Semester: 15th of November
Which documents should I bring with me to Valencia, before arriving?

On your arrival, you need the following documents: 

  • Learning agreement (internal document) and Learning agreement Erasmus +
  • Original and Copy of Student Passport or Identity Card
  • European Health Insurance Card / Health Insurance Policy

We also recommend that you purchase travel insurance.

Who is my mobility coordinator?

There is an academic coordinator for each degree, and he/she is in charge with the academic issues such as courses, schedules, learning agreement, placement, etc – anything related to your academic life in the UCV.

You can find your Degree’s coordinator on the following link

When does the semester start at UCV?

Our Fall semester starts at the beginning of September and runs until mid-January (exams period included).
The Spring semester starts at the end of January and runs until mid-July (exams period included).
Our academic calendar can be found on our web site:, go to the tab “SOY ALUMNO” and click on “Calendario academic”.

Are there any courses taught in English?

UCV offers a large number of courses in English, from different degrees. Please, see our courses offered in English in the following link

How do I know which courses I should take?

There is no fixed course program for Erasmus students at the UCV. By filling in your Learning Agreement, you set up an individual course plan.

Please discuss with your home university what is expected from you and then check whether that plan is feasible with your UCV coordinator. Some of our partner institutions require, for example, certain amounts of ECTS to be taken.

Health Information. What can I do if I have a health problem?

If you are not an UE resident, you must have a medical insurance to enter in Spain. You can obtain it in your country, or you can ask the International Center to help you with this procedure.

If you are an EU citizen, you are covered by the European Health Service. You must ask for your European Health Card (valid for one year) before leaving your country. You can use it to receive medical services either in Spain or in any other EU country.

In Spain health care is provided at Centros de Atención Primaria (Primary Health Care Centers) and Hospitals.

CAPs have fixed opening hours and you will be assigned one depending on where you live. If you need to see a General Practitioner (Family Doctor), you should ask at your CAP to be assigned one.

If you have an urgent problem but it is not an emergency, the professionals at your CAP can see you during opening hours.

Hospitals give assistance for emergencies, and you should go there when you have a serious emergency. You always have to show them your European Health Card.

You should only go to the emergency services when you really need them, that way we can avoid the overcrowding of hospitals.

If you need medical assistance, it is important to bring a copy of your medical insurance or medical card with you, since you may be asked to give it to the medical center. 

How could I find an accommodation in Valencia?

Incoming students can contact Colegio Mayor Ausias March and/or EUROACE, who will assist them to find an accommodation and other interesting services.

Colegio Mayor Ausias March
Phone: + 34 96 369 54 08

Phone: +34 96 315 57 02

You can also find somewhere to live by looking on the faculty notice boards. Many students try to find a flat mate by posting advertisements on these boards.

Can I do any sports activities at UCV?

All the students registered at the UCV are highly encouraged to practice sport through the Sports Activities Service, more information is available on .

When should I arrive to Valencia?

The International office organizes two Welcome Days at the beginning of each semester and the incoming students will receive interesting and useful information for his/her stay.

The incoming student can also contact his/her UCV coordinator to inform them about their arrival to Valencia, if he/she is coming after the beginning of the term.

When will I receive my UCV Student Card?

Once you are officially registered at UCV and you have taken your picture at one of the specific UCV photo boxes, your student card will be automatically created. When the card is ready, the International Office will inform you by e-mail, and you will have to go to the International office to pick it up.  

Once I have registered, what shall I do if I need to change my UCV learning agreement?

Incoming students fill in their internal learning agreements online. However, this is a document for our registration procedure, but it is not an official document. If you would like to make any changes to that document, you must enter on the link we provided to you at the beginning of your stay and change your courses. In order to do so, it is necessary to retrieve the username and password that you were given.

You will be responsible for this academic document, and for the courses that are listed in it.

What information do I need to know as a UCV student?

It is important that you attend all of your classes. If you have to miss any classes, you should inform your teacher beforehand.

You also need to check the Plataforma regularly to see what is going on in the courses you are taking, to upload your assignments, download activities, etc.

The UCV has an exam period which is the same for all of the degrees in the institution. Some weeks before the exams, you can see the exam schedules both on your intranet and on the noticeboards displayed in every campus.

If you need to change any exam, please contact your coordinator and he/she will tell you what to do. If you need to change any exam date you must fill in an application (either online or by going to Secretaría).

During the exam period, teachers can upload your marks and exam revision dates. Please check the dates on the Intranet and if you have any problem with attending an exam revision, you can contact your teacher to arrange an alternative appointment.

If you happen to fail one exam, you are entitled to take a second chance exam. The schedule for those exams will be displayed on the noticeboards, some weeks after the final exams. But it is a volunteer decision, so it is not necessary to register in any list.

Grading system.

You can find our Spanish grading scheme and the EU equivalence below:

Marks UCV Marks (over 10) Interpretation used by UCV University
10 Sobresaliente/Matrícula de honor Excellent, outstanding performance
9 Sobresaliente Very good with some errors
7-8 Notable Good with a considerable numbers of errors
6 Aprobado Satisfactory with significant mistakes
5 Aprobado Sufficient, performance meets minimum criteria
3-4 Insuficiente Below average, failed, it is required a little more work to pass
0-3 Muy deficiente Below average, failed. It is required a lot of work to pass

At the end of the stay, you will have your official transcript of records, where the name of the course, number of ECTS and overall score will be included. This TOR will be sent directly to your home institution’s international office.

Can I take a Spanish course at the UCV?

If you wish to improve your Spanish language skills during your stay, you can register for a Spanish language course through the Departamento de Idiomas (Centro de lenguas) of the UCV.

For information regarding the courses that are offered, registration, and discounts for exchange students click here:

What is the cost of living in Valencia?

Estimated living expenses (for reference only):

Accommodation: Between 600€ and 900€ per month in a Students Residence (meals, laundry, gym, wifi…included) or between 250€ and 350€ per month one room in a shared flat plus bills.

Books/Meals/Transport and others: about 250€ per month.

What if my question isn’t answered here?

If your question isn’t listed here, please e-mail

Our social networks

Contact information


Beatriz Manrique:


San Juan Bautista Campus 
C/ Guillem de Castro, 175 – 46008 Valencia (Spain)
+34 96 363 74 12


Incoming students advisor: Mercedes Gómez
Attention hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10-11.30 am / Tuesday and Thursday: 15:00 - 16:30 h.
Extension 4144


Begoña Barber.
Attention hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 12-13.30 am
Extension 31012


Juan Escámez
Attention hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 12-13.30 am; Tuesday and Thursday: 3.30-5 pm. 
Extension 31010